Beauty Blog More Beauty Blog
Fight Against Pre - Mature Wrinkles!
It's a fact of life - Everyone will eventually get wrinkles, but there are many things that can be done to reduce or delay the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles without extreme measures such as plastic surgery.
• Tan in moderation. The majority of undesirable skin changes associated with aging is the result of sun exposure. One of the most important things you can do is use sunscreen daily to protect against photo aging. The underlying collagen and elastic support of the skin breaks down because of sun exposure causing the skin to sag. Moderate tanning is okay. We all need a certain amount of sunshine to help boost our vitamin D production and lift our spirits. But the days of baking and basting in the sun like we did when we where younger are over. Not only are we risking looking older before our time, but we could be risking our lives. The dramatic increase in skin cancer statistics is truly alarming. So, get some sun but never without sunscreen. Daily use of sunscreen is always advisable.
• Read about the benefits of antioxidants. Since exposure of the skin releases free radicals that cause damage take antioxidants such as vitamin C and vitamin A daily to protect your skin.
• Smoking is another major cause of wrinkling. It definitely ages your skin prematurely. Smoking affects the skin both because of the physical act of smoking as well as the effect of the nicotine in your system. When you smoke you are constantly pursing your lips to inhale and exhale. So not only will you have those unattractive vertical lines around your mouth, but by having smoke constantly blowing around and drying your face, you are encouraging wrinkles to form. Vitamin C, a nutrient essential to the skin to help it remain supple is depleted by smoking. Nicotine also constricts blood vessels which interfere with the flow of nutrients to the cells.
• Expression lines can be beautiful but are you getting these lines around your eyes from smiling or squinting? If you tend to squint, have your eyes tested and always wear sunglasses when you are outside.
• Alleviate the stressors in you life. Stress can cause the muscles in your face to stay contracted. If you want to decrease those lines on your forehead, try not to frown.
• Always keep your hands away from your face since rubbing your eyes or sitting with your chin on your hands can stretch and pull delicate skin.
• Use the right skin care products for your skin type. Invest in a session with a skin care specialist to determine a skin care regime for you.
Have you ever seen a sick person with radiant, glowing skin? To keep your skin looking gorgeous, wrinkle free and youthful you have to be healthy. Total health includes a balance of spirit, mind and body.
Finding that perfect balance in your lifestyle isn’t always easy. Remember the importance of taking time for you each day. Eat a healthy diet, drink plenty of water and exercise!
Wrinkles are inevitable, but it is possible to prevent pre-mature aging.
Need help? Come in to see one of our Hair Stylists, Nail Technicians or Beauty Therapists and let them take care of you.
For a free consultation or to schedule an appointment call us on 945-1188 or email email@example.com